Thursday 25 September 2008

It's a Small World - New Consultors of the Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff

I noticed the following headline yesterday in the Vatican Bollettino:- The Holy Father has nominated as consultors of the Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff: Msgr. Nicola Bux, professor at the Theological Faculty of Puglia, Italy; Fr. Mauro Gagliardi, professor at the Pontifical Athenaeum "Regina Apostolorum", Rome; Fr. Juan Jose Silvestre Valor, professor at the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross, Rome. Fr. Uwe Michael Lang C.O., official of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, and Fr. Paul C. F. Gunter O.S.B., professor at the St. Anselm Pontifical Athenaeum, Rome.

I have come across two of the above Priests before. Fr. Lang intervened and stopped me from getting into hot water with a German security guard at World Youth Day in Cologne Germany (I was a completely innocent bystander by the way); and I used to be one of Fr. Gunter’s Altar Servers at St. Gregory’s in Cheltenham – in fact I spoke to him a few months ago when I was in Rome. Fr. Gunter is, in fact, a Priest of Douai Abbey in Berkshire and has been in Rome for many years, I am very pleased for him as he has deserved it for all his hard work!

Douai Abbey have an Abbot in Rome too, Fr. Edmund Power is the Abbot of St. Paul’s Outside the Walls, he’s also 33-1 to be the next Archbishop of Westminster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...